Keeping your electronic devices running while you're on the road is a necessity. A car phone charger can keep your smartphones and tablets juiced up so you can stay in touch and connected no matter how long your journey is.
Some chargers are not only inexpensive but useful for multiple purposes. Additionally, some units have more than one port, allowing you to charge many devices at the same time. And that's not all. Some car phone chargers even allow backseat passengers to charge their smartphones. Cool, isn't it? But there are so many chargers on the market, how can you pick the right one? It pays to know what's out there, of course, but you also have to know what to look for.
Know Your Car Phone Charger
We all know what it does. But how does it work? And how does it work in your car? There are no silly questions — only silly people who are afraid to ask.
Does charging my smartphone in the car exhaust the car battery?
Absolutely not. If you charge your phone in the car, while it is running it will not exhaust the battery. The alternator provides sufficient power for charging your handset when your car is running. Additionally, the alternator keeps the battery of your car fully charged. If for whatever reason it is draining your battery, you should talk to a mechanic.
Can I use my phone while the car phone charger is plugged in?
Do you think that if you use your phone while it charges, it will have a negative impact on the quality of charge the battery gets? The good news is, it won't! Please keep in mind whether you use your phone or not, your battery will charge as anticipated.
Can I put my car phone charger in a cigarette lighter?
You can charge your smartphone in a car in two different ways. You can use a cigarette lighter or USB port. But please note that your handset will charge at different speeds. The most convenient is the USB cord because it only needs a conventional mobile phone charging cord and the USB adaptor. On the other hand, the 12-volt cigarette lighter needs a special adaptor. Your phone will charge faster with the 12V-volt cigarette lighter than with the USB cord.
Will all chargers work with all devices?
In addition to choosing a charger that works with your device's operating system (OS or Android), you need to choose one that will work with the connection type (USB, micro USB, etc.) In the past, you would have needed separate chargers for separate device types. Today, though, you can find car phone charger models that work across device platforms, and that's pretty neat. In any case, though, it pays to know your device's specs and to check any potential purchase carefully.
How We Chose the Best Car Phone Chargers
Anker PowerDrive 2 Car Charger
With the Anker PowerDrive 2 car phone charger, you can charge two devices simultaneously — and at full speed, no less. This innovative car charger has two ports. Also, it supports a plethora of devices such as LG, Nexus, S6 Edge Plus, iPad Pro, iPhone 7, 6s, 6s Plus, Air 2, mini, Galaxy S6 Edge, S6, S7, Note 5, Note 4, and the list goes on. The Anker PowerDrive 2 car charger features PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies that deliver a fast charge output of 2.3 amps or 4.8 amps per port.
Its multi-protect safety system uses technologies such as temperature control and surge protection to protect your device. The temperature control system prevents overheating of your handset. On the other hand, the surge protection technology offers protection against voltage sparks.
The Anker PowerDrive 2 car phone charger is easy to carry because of its compact design. Also, there is an LED light that generates an ample amount of light.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by America's leading USB charging brand.
- Advanced Charging Technology: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to provide the fastest possible charge up to 4.8 amps or 2.4 amps per port. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge).
- Certified Safe: Anker's MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- Compact Design: One of the industry's smallest ever USB car chargers, featuring two USB ports and an LED light for after dark.
- What You Get: The Anker PowerDrive 2 (24W 2-port USB car charger), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Spigen Fast Car Charger
The Spigen fast car charger works well with Apple smartphones, Android smartphones, and other USB-powered devices. It's a dual port charger and charges two devices simultaneously at great speeds. The Spigen fast car charger has built-in protection from short-circuiting, over-charging, and over-current. You can charge your phone or other devices without any worry of damaging or overheating them. This two-port charger is backward-compatible with QC 1.0 and QC 2.0 devices. It will charge non-Quick Charge devices at their standard charging speed. Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, which is connector-independent, can be implemented in devices that support USB Type C, USB Type A, and USB Micro connectors. According to the manufacturer, it's 38 percent more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0 and charges the device twice as fast as QC 1.0. And if that’s not enough, Quick Charge 3.0 charges four times faster than normal charging.
- Compatible with all USB powered devices including Android & Apple smartphones & tablets
- Dual Ports Car Charger (QC3.0 + 5V/2.4A) with LED Lights Can Simultaneously Charge Two Devices at Highly Efficient Speeds.
- With protection from Over-current, over-charging, and short-circuiting . Charge risk-free without any risk of overheating or damaging your devices
- Universal charges, backward-compatible with QC2.0 and QC1.0 devices, provide standard charging for non-Quick Charge devices; QC3.0 can be implemented with USB Type-A, USB Micro, USB Type-C and proprietary connectors
- 100-day general warranty and 30-day money back guarantee for your convenience and satisfaction
Maxboost Car Charger
The Maxboost car charger features two outputs (2x 2.4 A) that can charge any device. The LED light in the charger allows you to see clearly in dark places. This charger’s compact design makes it easy to carry. The two USB ports work very well with almost any device.
- 24W / 4.8A USB Car Charger charges your favorite mobile devices including iPhone (max speed), iPod, HTC, Galaxy, Blackberry, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, Mobile Phones.
- Double injected frame consists of a polycarbonate inner layer coupled with the flexible external molding of TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) for a soft grip
- Maxboost Intelligent circuit design protects against short circuiting, over-heating, over-currents, and over-charging. Charging stops when battery is full.
- Dual smart USB ports quickly and easily identify yours mobile devices, to provide optimal charging efficiency.
- Compact design for added portability, featuring of input:12-18V; Output: DC 5V 4.8A or 24W (Shared by two ports). One Year Warranty.
Ainope Car Charger
The Ainope car charger can speedily charge two devices with 2.4A in each port. Not only that but with a combined power of 4.8A, this car charger charges devices 40 percent faster than average chargers. It is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and other USB-powered devices. This car phone charger has an aluminum alloy body for durability and strength. Its stability and quality are guaranteed because it is RoHS, FCC, and CE approved. Moreover, this car phone charger offers protection against overheating and overcharging.
- EFFICIENT CHARGE: Dual usb cigarette lighter adapter enable charge two devices simultaneously at full speed with 2.4A in each USB port. With a total power of 4.8A, it works for all USB-powered devices. Please note: it does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge, the charging page WILL NOT show fast charge when charging.
- COMPACT SIZE: With tiny thumb-sized(Size: 1.7inch*0.9inch) body, it perfectly blends with most car cigarette lighter and sits comfortably with the edge of the outlet. Our smallest car charger yet; it´s portable and you can take everywhere.
- ALL METAL MATEIAL: The full zinc alloy body features scratch resistant, nice in design and long-lasting in use. High quality material let your car charger always look like new. Upgrade metal car charger will not be overheating at high temperatures, which is safer than plastic one.
- MULTIPLE SAFETY: It is multiple protection against over-current, overcharging, overheating and high temperature will guard the safety of your devices.
- WE CARE FOR YOU: Welcome to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Our reliable Customer Service will be sure to reply within 24 hours and offer proper solutions for you.
RavPower Car Charger
This charger has a thumb-sized body and is durable. It works perfectly well with all USB-powered devices and charges them very fast. Further, RavPower car charger has two 2.4A USB ports that come with iSmart 2.0 technology. The technology intelligently detects the charging requirements of connected smartphones and tablets and automatically delivers the output needed for complete efficiency. For efficient and safer charging, the technology maintains a consistent voltage.
The two 2.4A USB ports are powerful enough to meet the needs of high power-demanding smartphones and tablets. Further, RavPower car charger boast of a sleek and sturdy design.
- The smallest car charger: outputs a powerful 4. 8a punch packed inside a tiny thumb-sized body for incredible performance from such a small size. Suitable for your 12Volt/ 24V car
- Charge smart: ismart 2. 0 Always learns and outputs the optimal ampere Current for your devices (don't support Qualcomm Quick Charge)
- Dual USB output: two 2. 4a USB ports are powerful enough to charge even the largest and most power-demanding devices
- Sturdy and sleek design: Includes a compact aircraft-grade aluminum alloy body with a scratch-resistant finish to always keep it looking new
- And friendly customer service: premium circuitry with built-in high-temperature, over-charging, and short-circuit protection s a 100% safe charging experience
Hussell Car Charger
The Hussell car phone charger comes with dual USB charging ports. It features Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that charges your device four times faster than average car phone chargers. Your device needs to be compatible with the Qualcomm Quick Charge technology, though. The Hussell car charger works perfectly well with iOS and Android mobile devices. Your phone will charge at maximum speed. You can expect reliability and superior performance from the car phone charger because it comes with in-built protection system.
What’s so great about this car phone charger is that it detects your phone model and automatically provides the fastest possible charge. Further, the charger charges two devices very fast at the same time.
- No more stressing over the low battery symbol; this car phone charger with 5.4A/30W ports charges iPhone & Android compatible devices up to 4x faster
- Our car USB charger has 2 ports with a simultaneous output current of 2.4A per port; that means there's always room for you & your co-pilot!
- Designed with Smart IC Intelligent Technology, this durable & compact fast car charger automatically identifies your device to provide a quick charge
- The usb car adapter has a built-in, multi protection system to help with issues associated with overcurrent, over charging, & overheating
- Forget the times of having a slow car charger; fast charge any compatible smartphone, tablet, or other USB device with our car chargers!
TeckNet USB Car Charger
The Tecknet USB car charger is compatible with Apple, Android, and other devices and charges these devices at maximum speed. What’s more, it features four USB charge ports that let you charge four devices at the same time without any hassle. Each USB port delivers 2.4 amps, for a total of 9.6 amps of power. The compact design of the car phone charger makes it easy to carry along anywhere you go.
Further, it works perfectly well with Android and Apple OEM power cables. You can charge your Samsung Galaxy S7, iPad Air 2, Mini 3, iPhone 6S and more using your current USB charging cables. The LED indicator helps you find whether the car phone charger is connected properly to its power source or not. Like other chargers, Tecknet USB car charger has built-in safety features to protect your phones.
- Fast Charging: 5V 9.6A/48W (output) and DC 12-24V (input) ensures fast charging of 4 devices at the same time
- Universal Compatibility: Compatible with many devices such as iPhone/IPad/Samsung and other Android devices
- Safety Guarantee: Advanced intelligent circuity safety system prevents short-circuit, over-heating, over-current and over-charging
- Use your existing USB charging cables to recharge most USB powered devices, including iPad Air 2, Mini 3, iPhone 6S, 6, 5SE, 5S, 5, Samsung Galaxy S7, S6 Edge Plus, Mobile Phones and more; Compatible with iOS and Android OEM power cables
- TeckNet’s advanced multi-level safety system and intelligent circuit design protects you and your device from short-circuit, over-heating, over-current and over-charging
CHOETECH Dual USB Car Charger
The CHOETECH car charger comes with Qualcomm QC 3.0 technology for quick charging. Qualcomm QC 3.0 charges your handsets four times faster than an ordinary charger. Plus, it works well with QC 1.0, QC 2.0 and QC 3.0. The car phone charger has a USB-C cable that is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nokia 8, Note 8, Note 9 and other Type C supported devices. It features smart charging technology that delivers the quickest charge. The car phone charger is ETL approved and protects your electronic gadgets from overheating and short-circuit.
- ⚡Specially designed for iPhone 12 Series: The magnetic mag-safe phone car mount only just for your Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max. Developed to charge your iPhone 12 series 30% faster than standard wireless car chargers. It takes less than 3.5H fully charging from 0 to 100%. ❤️TIPS: Fast wireless charging requires a charger that supports PD fast charging.
- ⚡Fast Magnetic Charging: Twist-lock design is a unique feature of this car mount charger. Insert the mount into the air vent, lock it in and it won't fall out! Our car mount charger comes with powerful magnets that ensure your smartphone stays in place even during emergency breaks. Just place your iPhone 12 against the MagSafe car mount, it will auto-lock aligned with the charging coil to max magnetic fast charging and more stable charging.
- ⚡360° Versatile View&One Hand Operation: 360° Highly-flexible rotation magnetic mount provides infinite viewing angles. Position your phone at the perfect angle to enjoy a more relaxed and safer drive. The base of the mount remains fixed into the air vent of your car and does not move, no matter how much swiveling or rotation you do.
- ⚡Two-Step Easy Installation: Magnetic design, which means no cradles, brackets, clamps or gel, and sticky residue. It's easy to set up: just place iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max / iPhone 12 Mini on this car mount directly or with a magnetic phone case on, and it will snap on. it just supports the original MagSafe case, do not support others!
- ⚡What is inbox: 1×CHOETECH Magnetic Wireless Car Charger, 1×USB C Cable, 1×User Manual, 18 Months and Life-Time technical support.❤️TIPS: non-magnetic phone or phone case will slip off since the phone is unable to attach to the charger without magnetism.
Which Car Phone Charger is the Best?
All of these are excellent chargers, packed with some really useful features. If you are looking for a four-port car phone charger, you can pick the TeckNet USB car charger. The best car phone chargers mentioned above work with most smartphones and tablets. Some of the chargers can charge more than one device at an affordable price. For example, a MaxBoost car charger is a cheap option to power two electronic devices via USB.
In a nutshell, the best car phone charger is the one that charges your device efficiently with great speed. Additionally, it has a reliable functionality and an affordable price. Have you tried any of these car phone chargers? Which one do you think is best? Let us know in the comment section.
Last update on 2021-05-14 at 11:39 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API