Just as you walk back to your car after grabbing some food to eat, you realize that it's been broken into, and a lot of valuables are missing. Such an unfortunate incident wouldn't happen if you installed a car security camera system. With such a system, you can keep tabs on the car from wherever you are through your smartphone. You can also get other benefits.
Car security camera systems feature powerful camera lenses that can rotate to capture just about everything that takes place within the surrounding area. Some systems pair with your smartphone to relay real-time footage, while others simply record incidents and store the files on a memory card for future reference. What's more, these systems can capture high-quality images both during the day and at night.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Car Security Camera
To ensure that your car is safe at all times, you should choose a camera that offers 24-hour surveillance capability. You must also consider ease of installation, night vision, durability, costs, and ease of operation.
The best car security camera is capable of recording events throughout the day and night. Some cameras feature motion sensors that enable them to turn on immediately if they detect any movement around the vehicle.
The car security camera should be able to capture high-quality images that can assist in investigations in case an unfortunate incident occurs. The best car security systems record in high-definition.
Because you never know when someone may want to steal or damage your vehicle, it's crucial for you to choose a camera that offers night vision capabilities. Infrared night vision technology and big apertures are among the things that allow a camera to record quality images even during the night.
Ease of use and installation
The camera you pick should be easy to install and must not be too difficult to operate. The best cameras often come with an adhesive or suction mount.
How We Reviewed the Best Car Security Camera Systems
To identify the best car security camera systems, we rely on the overall ratings that each product receives. Functional parts, ease of installation, ease of operation, and ability to withstand rugged use also play a role in selection.
Our Top 10 Car Security Camera Picks
The following car security camera systems are reliable and offer excellent functions and features. The list is in no particular order.
- 【 THE WORLD'S SMALLEST HIDDEN CAMERA】: It is designed as a micro cube measuring 0.87in by each side, with included magnetic bracket and clip you can mount it on a desk shelf, fridge door and any places with metal surface to monitor your home or office unnoticed.There are no LED lights while recording, so it won't attract unwanted attention.
- 【Night Vision Surveillance Camera】: This spy mini surveillance camera built-in 4 night vision IR, you can see faces and details clearly even in total darkness. Day or night, you'll know exactly who's coming into your house or office when you're not around.
- 【MOTION DETECTION 】: Intelligent motion detection, this secret camera will start recording when a moving things be detected,this portable hidden camera will recording a videos and stores to SD card. Otherwise,if has not a moving object, this mini hidden camera going to the standby mode until powered off.
- 【LOOP VIDEO RECORDING】: Supports up to 32GB capacity (microSD card NOT included) for loop recording. When the SD card is full, the newest video will overwrite the oldest one automatically. Can't miss the important video of you need
- 【 EASY TO USE】: You can use this Hidden Spy Camera anywhere you what: on the go, in your pocket, inside or outside your house, car or office, as a drone, garden, action, sports, aerial, kids, nanny or a pet cam, even as an add-on to your surveillance system. Just slot the memory card, choose your function, and the camera will do the rest!keep your pets housekeeper and your loved ones safe. A perfect baby/pet monitor or nanny cam
This particular car security camera features a micro cube design that measures 0.87 inches by each side. It comes with a magnetic mount and clip enabling you to place it anywhere in your car. Its built-in night vision infrared technology makes it possible for you to record high-quality videos even in dimly lit conditions.
The camera’s motion detection function allows it to power up and start recording immediately whenever sensors pick up on movement around the vehicle. This camera supports micro SD cards of up to 32GB. It's on Amazon with a customer rating of 4.1 out 5.0 stars. You can find it online at a price range of $20 to $50.
- FULL HD DUAL CHANNEL RECORDING: Front and rear cameras each record 1080p video @ 30fps. WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE allows each camera to perform optimally in low-light situations by carefully fine-tuning the exposure. 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENSES on both cameras open up to capture sweeping views of their surroundings.
- WI-FI CONNECT: View, save, and share dash cam recordings wirelessly on your mobile device with the use of an app interface.
- SUPERCAPACITOR: Power is delivered by a supercapacitor, a premium alternative to a lithium-ion battery which features an enhanced temperature resistance to hot and cold climates.
- LOOP RECORDING: When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite oldest recordings. Supports UHS-I / Class 10 or higher MicroSD cards (up to 256GB).
- ACCIDENT AUTO-DETECTION (G-SENSOR): When the G-sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected.
This particular unit features a front and rear camera both capable of capturing up to 1080p video at 30 frames per second. The 170-degree wide angle lenses enable these cameras to cover the surrounding environment with accurate precision. This car security camera system has built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to pair it with your smartphone or laptop. You can control various functions, share files, or view real-time images from your car thanks to its Wi-Fi system.
The camera automatically saves recordings in segments and will overwrite old files with new ones when the storage is full. This car security camera supports class 10 or higher micro SD cards of up to 128GB in size. It has a price range of $170 to $230. Amazon customers rate it 4.4 out of 5.0 stars.
- 720p High-definition, 112° wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 345° horizontal & 115° vertical rotation range create a complete 360° coverage. Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare.
- Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way Audio experience. Intercom Mode: one party to talk and listen at a time or Hands-free Mode: both parties talk and listen freely for maximum flexibility.
- Receive real-time Activity Alerts while you're out. 10-sec motion tracking records and centers the moving object. Bookmark your favorite positions (up to 8) and return to them at the tap of a button. Select Auto-Cruise to survey the area 360° horizontally or cruise your bookmarks, suitable for large areas that need a quick scan (and tracks moving objects).
- YI Dome integrates with your YI Home family in one simple interface. User-friendly and intuitive app to customize your settings: activity alerts, auto-cruise, bookmarks, camera sharing, customize schedules, and more. Supports connectivity to a large number of devices with the same app/account for maximum convenience. Available for iOS and Android.
- Supports YI Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage from an SD card, ensure all your videos are safe, secure and protected. We provide the most efficient compression and the highest protection of data, so you can be sure that your footage is safe and secure. Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with YI Home App on mobile device, and YI Home App on PC at anytime, anywhere. Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) Wi-Fi band.
The YI Dome Camera features a dual-design lens that enables the camera to rotate horizontally for up to 345 degrees and 115 degrees vertically. That means you can watch every angle in HD quality. Its motion detection feature allows the camera to start recording immediately its sensors pick up a heat signature.
As recording begins, the camera sends a video file to your phone as a heads up. It is a wireless camera, meaning you don't have to worry about tedious wired connections. Its Wi-Fi function makes syncing with your smartphone a breeze. This camera is available online with a price range of $30 to $50. It has an Amazon customer rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 stars.
- 🚗🚕🚓ONE-HAND OPERATION TOUCH SCREEN : Featuring 4-inch sensitive touch screen with simple and elegant icons, The dual dash cam makes each operation more effortless and responsive, such as navigating the menus and settings, locking the current video. Thoughtful and friendly user interface for you to operate
- 🚗🚕🚓4 PRESET OPTIMIZED MODES: Selecting a mode automatically optimizes four features with preset values designed to best suit your environment,saving your time having to customize each individually, Drive - Optimized for regular use/ Scenic - Longer video clips for easier video post-processing/WDR - For better light balance, great for bright days or nighttime driving/Park- Increases G-sensor sensitivity and battery efficiency for monitoring your parked vehicle
- 🚗🚕🚓YOUR ON-THE-WAY WITNESS: The dash camera ensures simultaneous recording front and rear both in Full HD 1080P. Never miss a license plate in Full HD 1920x1080P at 30FPS and Single front camera provides you with a crystal clear QHD 2560x1440P@30fps video resolution. front and rear ultra wide 155-degree viewing angle captures more of the road around you. A 6 layer glass lens and powerful imaging processor ensure more details are captured. PIP mode supported, ensures clear and easy playback
- 🚗🚕🚓SUPER CLEAR NIGHT VISION WITH WDR TECHNOLOGY: Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology compensates for light/dark spots and balances exposure, this ensures no overexposure during the day and brings greater clarity at night. It can also restore the true colors of objects for a fuller picture. Car license plates can be easily captured at night. Ensures the clear footage and images you need to record driving at night
- 🚗🚕🚓AUTOMATIC SAFEGUARDS: Records automatically with vehicle ignition - switches off automatically with ignition off - energy saving LCD screen off timer - loop recording feature for efficient storage management - manual and automatic video protection from deletion - built-in G-sensor/accelerometer triggers crash vibration recording - parking mode watchdog for 24/7 surveillance of your vehicle with external battery pack or hardwire kit. Supports TF/micro SD cards up to 128GB
The Z-EDGE dual dash cam comes with a four-inch sensitive touchscreen that gives you control over various system functions. This unit comes with a front and rear camera with both capable of capturing 1080p videos. The cameras have lenses that give a 155-degree viewing angle, which is ideal for recording everything that takes place around the car.
This system’s wide dynamic range technology compensates for light or dark spots and balances exposure. Consequently, the camera can capture quality images even during the night. It’s available online with a price range of $150 to $220 and an Amazon customer rating of 4.7 out of 5.0 stars.
The AOBO Spy is a tiny wireless camera that can sit in any part of the vehicle. It features a built-in rechargeable battery that keeps it working on a 24-hour basis. Like most car security camera systems on this list, the AOBO Spy can capture videos of up to 1080 pixels. Its infrared night vision lights enable it to capture high-quality images even during the night.
For storage purposes, the camera supports micro SD cards of up to 32GB. Additionally, its loop recording function allows for new footage to overwrite older files. The camera can be set to standby mode for energy saving. However, it immediately turns on and starts recording if it detects any movement around the car. It's online at a price range of $20 to $50. As of right now, it has no Amazon customer ratings.
- 🔎🎤 COVERTT CAM 🎤🔎 Our mini camara will capture detailed digital video footage undetected.
- 🏢🏪 HIGH DEFINITION 🏪🏢 Our miniature cams record crystal clear HD footage so you won't miss any details.
- 🌙🕵️ NIGHT VISION 🕵️🌙 Features 6 LED lights that are invisible to the the human eye for enhanced night mode
- 👪🏠 MOTION DETECTION 🏠👪 The tiny concealed camcorder picks up movement to engage recording instantly.
- 📷📹 MULTIPLE USES 📹📷 Use as a cop cam, nanny cam, body camera, sports action cam, or on a drone. *Not Wifi enabled.
This particular camera is compact and lightweight in design. It features six infrared lights that are invisible to the human eye but offer clear night vision capabilities. Its motion detection capability triggers automatic recording anytime movement occurs around your vehicle. This camera comes with a mounting clip so you can mount it just about anywhere in the car. This security camera has an Amazon customer rating of 3.8 out of 5.0 stars. You can find it from $20 to $50.
- REAL-TIME VIDEO PROTECTION :: Security shouldn't end at the sidewalk. Owlcam brings all of the features you know and love from the home to the car.
- BREAK-INS :: Don't be fooled by dashcams with "Parked protection". Owlcam is ON even when the car is off. Videos and images are sent to your phone in seconds for motion, impact, and broken glass. Live View your car in real-time from ANYWHERE to see and hear what's happening. If your Owlcam is stolen just send us the video, a police report, and we'll replace the camera for FREE.
- CRASHES :: Only Owlcam has these two features: 1) When a crash is detected a video clip is instantly sent to the driver's phone. The video proof of before, during, and after the crash can be immediately shared with police on the scene and insurance companies. 2) 911 Assist's live operator then calls through the Owlcam to see if the driver needs help and sends emergency services.
- EASY 6-MINUTE INSTALL :: No tools, damaging adhesives, hardwiring, or professionals required. *Works with all vehicles made after 1996, except Tesla Model 3. Delivery trucks, buses, RVs, and anyone already using their OBD will need an adapter available on the Owlcam website.*
- UPDATES (June) :: Thank you for the feedback! We're listening: updated Android app + new & improved suction cup + connect up to three Owlcams and up to five drivers + 911 Assist now included with 4G LTE service for no additional cost
The Owl car cam features inside and outside facing cameras capable of capturing 1440p and 720p videos. It has a built-in 4G LTE connection that allows you to receive real-time video updates on your smartphone or tablet if someone bumps into your car or whenever an intruder tries to break in.
Additionally, you can watch a live video feed from your car if you so wish. Its anti-theft security beacon acts as a deterrent to anyone that may harbor ill motives regarding your vehicle. The camera’s quick share option allows you to share videos with friends, insurance companies, or police. It's online for between $340 and $400. It has an Amazon customer rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 stars.
- INFRARED NIGHT VISION AND SONY SENSOR. The inside camera utilizes 4 infrared lights and has an F1.8 aperture. Both cameras utilize Sony IMX323 sensor for Uber Truck Taxi Drivers.
- DUAL 1080P DASH CAM. Based on powerful Novatek NT96660 CPU, the dual cameras simultaneously capture road front and inside at 1920x1080P 30fps. Or utilize the front camera only to record front at 2560x1440P@30fps or 1920x1080P@60fps.
- DISCREET DESIGN. Signature low-profile design allows the dash cam to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Both cameras are 150-degree wide-angle and can be rotated 180 degrees.
- SEAMLESS LOOP RECORDING. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage for efficient storage management.
- EASY INSTALLATION AND USER-FRIENDLY. The installation is simple and convenient. Dash cam works automatically, it starts recording when the engine is turned on and stops when it is turned off.
This car security camera system features Sony Exmor IMX323 sensors in both the front and rear camera, which is why it is capable of capturing 1080p videos. A built-in microphone makes it possible for an audio recording to take place while a 2.7-inch display screen lets you watch everything.
This system incorporates loop recording technology to ensure that you never miss out on anything just because of limited storage space. It comes with a 3M adhesive mount, an in-car charging cable, and a user manual. The camera is on Amazon with a consumer rating of 4.0 out of 5.0 stars. You can buy it online with a price range of $70 to $130.
- 【HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGE AND 4 INCHES SCREEN】1920x1080p High-speed video at 30fps captures fast-moving scenes and quickly generates high-resolution images. Ultra High Brightness Display,170° wide-angle. Large screen displays real-time, clear images, providing excellent image quality and clear video evidence for traffic accidents.
- 【LARGE STORAGE CARD】:This dash cam comes with a FREE 32GB memory card included in the box. This is a complete package and your dash cam will be ready to install and use immediately on the day of delivery.
- 【HIGH-DEFINITION REAR VIEW CAMERA】The rear camera can clearly see the real-time road conditions behind the car. It helps prevent rear-end accidents, it is likely to prove invaluable in proving evidence during insurance claims by showing the car or vehicle behind has created the accident.
- 【ADVANCED DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEM】The camera has a built-in gravity sensor that can sense the surrounding environment at any time. When the vehicle senses an impact, the dash cam automatically records and locks the video.
- 【MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS &EASY INSTALLATION】Manual recording, parking monitoring, motion detection, gravity sensing, loop recording, WDR, picture taking and playback, etc., greatly satisfy your driving needs. Easy to install, just install it on the windshield and connect the power supply. When the engine is turned on/off, the on-board camera will automatically turn on/off.
The Trochilus dual dash cam can capture 1080p videos at 30 frames per second. With such speed, you can be sure that the camera will capture fast-moving scenes with exceptional accuracy. This car security camera system features a front and a rear camera that combine to give you a clear view of the surrounding area.
Just like other cameras on this list, the Trochilus also provides loop recording function and a parking monitor that triggers recording when there is motion or vibration around the car. The camera’s big aperture and wide dynamic range technology enable it to capture quality images even when its dark. It’s on Amazon with a consumer rating of 3.9 out of 5.0 stars. It costs from $60 to $100.
- DUAL LENS CAR SECURITY CAMERA - With front(1920x1080P) 170°and rear(1280x720P) 120°wide angle dual lens,it can capture crisper picture and more vivid video compared with the VGA (480x640P)rear camera of other products at same price.
- G-SENSOR BASED PARKING MODE - Equipped with auto detection & collision latch features,the cam will detect external force and activate to record 30s locked video(won't be overwritten),which will be a strong evidence during claims on hit-and-runs.
- COMPACT & USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN - Buttons face to driver make CR600 easier to operate. Stealth low profile design can hide it perfectly behind the sun visor.It's worth mentioning that the rear camera is discreet waterproof so you can install it outside your car.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CHIP & F1.8 APERTURE - Upgraded high speed processing chip and high light sensitivity sensor, F1.8 super big aperture (front camera) and 6 glass lens enable it capture every road conditions and license plates details.
- USER-FRIENDLY CAR RECORDER - Auto On/Off, sensitive buttons, frosted texture, adjustable lens, rotatable screen, easy operation, audio with fidelity, all of these features will provide you with a better experience.
The Crosstour CR600 is a dual dash camera system that is capable of capturing videos of up to 1080p. The front camera has a 170-degree angle of view while the rear camera offers a 120-degree viewing angle. Together, these cameras ensure that you can keep a close eye on all activities that take place around the vehicle. Its emergency recording feature captures any unexpected events and locks the footage just in case you may need it for reference.
Additionally, this camera system incorporates loop recording to guarantee that new footage takes precedence over old files. It comes with a USB charger and an internal capacitor to ensure that recording takes place on a continuous basis. This camera is on Amazon with a customer rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. You can purchase it online at a price range of $60 to $100.
Now You Can Pick the Best Car Security Camera for Your Needs
The choice of the best car security camera for your needs should now be easier thanks to this list. If you are on a budget, it may be wise to opt for the Enji Mini, Yi, or Blaikepcam portable camera. If, on the other hand, you have enough money to spare, you can choose just about any camera system that you feel will give the best results for your particular needs.