Are you tired of driving a bland and boring vehicle? Well, you're in luck, because cute car accessories can completely transform the appearance of your car. These accessories are a great temporary way to personalize your vehicle and reflect your style and taste. Plus, they're much more affordable than other personalization options like painting and body modifications.
But before you go out and purchase the first cute seat covers or bumper stickers you find, it's important to understand how to decorate your vehicle safely and smartly. Believe it or not, some car accessories are illegal. And some, even if not technically illegal, can make it difficult for you to drive or see out of your windshield.
We're looking for “kawaii” (cute, in Japan) accessories to take your ride from “dependable” to stylish, and fitting your personality.
Do You Want to Add Style and Personality to Your Car?
As car owners, we spend an abundance of time in our vehicles. Whether we have a long commute, or just use it to run errands, it makes sense that we would want our car to be comfortable and reflect our personal style. Yes, custom paint jobs and other professional details are a great way to add some personality to your car. But for the average vehicle owner, these services are simply unaffordable. Plus, some drivers worry that having an overly flashy car can attract unwanted attention from law enforcement and others.
Fortunately, there are more affordable and more subtle ways to customize your car. Just like decorating your home makes it feel more yours, doing the same with your car is a great way to turn your vehicle into something you love. You can use temporary accessories like upholstery covers, bumper stickers, and dashboard toys to bring some life into your vehicle. And if you change your mind down the road (no pun intended), you can easily swap these cute car accessories out for entirely new ones at any time.
Which Car Accessories Are Actually Illegal?
Sadly, you can't just do whatever you want to your vehicle's exterior or interior. Some accessories and modifications are illegal in many areas of the U.S. and could result in a ticket. Some of the most questionable car accessories and modifications include:
- Tinted windows
- Exhaust modifications
- Radar detector
- Underbody neon lights
You might look at this list and think you have nothing to worry about when decking out your vehicle in cute car accessories. But there are some things you need to watch out for. License plate frames are illegal if they cover any of the information on your plates. This information includes numbers, letters, and registration stickers. So before buying a new license plate frame, make sure that it keeps everything on your plate completely visible.
Accessories hanging from your rearview mirror can also be an issue. If an air freshener, jewelry, or fuzzy dice block your view in any way, you can receive a ticket and be instructed to remove the offending object. While most law enforcement won't bother pulling someone over for such a small violation, we can't condone breaking the law or driving unsafely in any way.
It's also a good idea to stay away from anything that emits light. Law enforcement has had to issue warnings and tickets to drivers in the past for placing Christmas lights around their vehicle. Unfortunately, to other motorists, these colored lights can look like the lights of an oncoming emergency vehicle. If you're ever in doubt or questioning a car accessory, it's always better to err on the side of caution.
Our Favorite Cute Car Accessories
Now that we've given you the low-down on what you can't use to decorate your car, it's time to check out some of our favorite cute car accessories. Most of these items come in a variety of colors, prints, and designs. So whatever your style is, there's bound to be something that suits it.
Fortunately, most of these cute car accessories are temporary or semi-permanent. This is great for car owners who plan to sell their vehicle sometime in the future. While you might love your personal style choices, most used car buyers want a vehicle as close to manufacturer standards as possible. That way you can customize your vehicle without damaging its market value for the future.
1. Steering wheel covers
Steering wheel covers are an easy way to decorate your vehicle. You can purchase steering wheel covers with foam interiors, making your steering wheel more comfortable to hold. Plus, many steering wheel covers come with built-in grips, which give you more stability and control in poor weather. These functional but cute car accessories are available at most auto stores and many general stores, as well.
- Steering Wheel Diameter: 14. 5 inch to 15 inch, Universal Fit. Fits most of cars.
- Material Type: Made of smooth and durable leather.
- High quality and Non Slip. Beautiful and elegant flowers will bring sunny mood.
- Anti slip design to set it off. Protected Your Hands and original steering wheel - protect your hands from burning hot steering wheels in summer and ice cold ones in winter.
- Healthy. Protect your original steering wheel from wear and tear.
While these covers are useful, our focus today is how they can transform your vehicle's physical appearance. Steering wheel covers come in a variety of styles, from trademarked cartoon characters to something out of a sci-fi movie. When it comes to shopping for cute car accessories, you can find pretty much anything you can imagine. For instance, the BINSHEO PU Black Flowers steering wheel cover is a classy leather option. But on the other end of the spectrum, the ValleyComfy Pure Wool steering wheel cover is fuzzy and hot pink. While we're not sure about the safety of using a giant fuzzy steering wheel cover, it's a perfect example that you can find anything to decorate your car.
- Material: Australia Pure Wool, 100% new and top quality, Pure hand-made.
- Suitable for (steering wheels): 14.96" x 14.96"
- Package included: 1 set 3 pcs (car steering wheel cover, gear shift cover, handbrake cover)
- Super soft and luxurious
- So cute for your car!
2. Seat covers
If you choose to purchase a steering wheel cover for your vehicle, you can probably also find matching seat covers. Seat covers are great for protecting your car's upholstery and adding comfort to your drives. Seat covers can guard your car's factory upholstery against spills, stains, and wear-and-tear. And if your car has an uncomfortable material, or is leather or vinyl that gets super hot in the summer, seat covers are an excellent solution for you and your passengers' comfort.
- Made from high-quality Neosupreme fabric for protection, comfort, and durability
- Universal fit seat cover will fit most bucket seats, is easy to install, and is an affordable alternative to custom seat covers
- Premium design and construction for durability with stretch seat backing for snug, no slip fit and complete finish look
- Not for use on seats with side airbags
- Each seat cover is sold individually
Like steering wheel covers, there's a wide range of seat covers available on the market. The CoverKing Daisy Crazy seat covers are a simple but cute way to spice up your car seats. And while the OKAYDA Pure Wool seat covers are a little more practical than the hot pink steering wheel cover mentioned above, they're still a wild statement piece. If you live in a cold climate, these covers are quite comfy and warm. Plus, when winter is over, or the wool gets worn and matted, you can easily swap them out for a different set of seat covers.
- Professional material, 100% natural Australia sheepskin, luxury and comfortable
- Easy care， high density， no dropping
- Eco-friendly, formaldehyde-free and healthy
- Universal size suits for most auto cars, SUV, CRV and so on
- We guarantee genuine sheepskin material. "Okayda" will give you a comfortable and fashionable driving experience
3. Floor mats
Your seats aren't the only part of your car interior that needs protecting. Floor mats are an essential part of keeping your car clean throughout the year's seasons. Plus, you can find some with unique colors and decals to use as cute car accessories. If you have high-quality, custom-made floor mats already in your vehicle, then it might not be worth it to switch them out. But if your mats are just simple carpet or you need new ones anyway, why not check out the different styles available on the market?
- DIMENSIONS: The front mats measure 17.5 inches wide and 26.5 inches long. The rear mats measures 17.25 inches wide and 13 inches long.
- PROTECT YOUR FLOOR: Your vehicle's interior is constantly under siege from the elements. Mud, snow, water and ice come into your car daily, wreaking havoc on your interior while slowly damaging and deteriorating your investment.
- BUILT TO LAST: OxGord Floor Mats include the highest quality carpet, built to last season after season. The weather- and stain-resistant quality of our mats ensure that they will look new for years to come.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN: Use water to wash away the dirt, mud, hair and more that were captured by the floor mats. The waterproof rubber allows you to simply spray each mat clean of dirt, mud, grit, and grime restoring the mats' luster and shine with each wash.
- Made by a trusted brand OxGord
You're not going to find a fluffy wool floor mat, but there are still some stylish options to choose from. The OxGord Universal Leopard Carpet Mats are a great way to add some flamboyant style to your vehicle. And since they're on the floor of your car, most people won't even see them. If you want something even more subtle, the Two Tone Animal Print Floor Mats are all black with just a couple leopard print accents.
- Beautiful Two-Tone Animal Print Design
- Includes 4 Pieces, 2 Front Floormats, 2 Rear Floormats
- Made from Premium Designs
- Protect Your Car from Dirt of Spills!
- Product of Unique Imports
4. Dashboard toys
The most famous example of a dashboard toy is the popular “Hula Girl.” These cute car accessories sit on the top of your dashboard, usually featuring some kind of bobbling or solar-powered movement. While dashboard toys don't serve any other purpose than just being cute, they're a nice way to bring some charm to your vehicle's interior.
There are a ton of replications or spin-offs of the Hula Girl dashboard toy, and there are also plenty of new versions. The Navillus Dancing Flower is a popular toy that people place on their office desk or car dashboard. If you're in the Christmas spirit, you can even get a Christmas tree version.
- WHIMSICAL DESIGN: Fun solar powered holiday decoration for kids or adults
- NO BATTERIES REQUIRED: Powered by any bright light, sits on car dash or window
- USE ANYWHERE: Solar powered for your car dashboard, desk or inside windowsill
- DETAILS: 2½" wide, 2¼" deep, 4" high made from sturdy plastic, no batteries needed
- GREAT GIFT FOR: Teachers, stocking stuffers, students, birthdays, party favors, home decor, car accessories
5. Antenna toppers
For something that shows your style to the outside world, you can find some simple and affordable cute car accessories for your vehicle's exterior. One of these accessories is the antenna topper. These decorations normally feature cartoon characters or other cute figures and are made of lightweight foam. While antenna toppers are a cheap and easy way to modify your car, they succeed at giving your car a little extra flair.
- OFFICIAL HAPPYBALLS - Proud USA Brand.
- JOIN THE FUN - Pop this Alien on your Car, Truck or SUV Antenna!
- MIRROR HANGER & DESKTOP SPRING STAND - Bonus: Includes Rear View Mirror Danglers and Adhesive Desktop Spring Stands
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Made of soft, durable waterproof foam. Hole size 4.5 mm diameter for standard antenna. Overall size 2.5 inches.
- PARKING LOT FINDER - Find your Car, Truck or SUV in a parking lot REALLY Fast!
- OFFICIAL TENNA TOPS - Proud USA Brand
- JOIN THE FUN - Pop this American Flag on your Car, Truck or SUV Antenna!
- MIRROR HANGER & DESKTOP SPRING STAND - Hang on the rear view mirror or put USA Pride on your Desktop.
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Made of soft, durable waterproof foam. Hole size 4.5 mm diameter for standard antenna. Overall size 1.75 inches.
- CAR FINDER - Find your Car, Truck or SUV in a parking lot REALLY Fast!
When it comes to antenna toppers, there's truly something for everyone. If you want to signal your love for the extraterrestrial, you can rock the HappyBalls Green Alien antenna topper. But if you would rather show your American pride, there's the Tenna Tops USA Flag topper. Disney fans have no shortage of options for these cute car accessories. You can show off your affection for Zero with the NBX Zero the Dog antenna topper, or opt for the classic Disney Mickey or Minnie Mouse antenna toppers.
6. Bumper stickers
Bumper stickers are great cute car accessories for the exterior and interior of your vehicle. If you have a favorite place, band, or animal, you can find a bumper sticker to represent it. And with proper care, you can place and remove bumper stickers without damaging your car's paint job. Some drivers choose to use bumper stickers as a way to express their political or other controversial opinions. While the type of bumper stickers you choose is entirely up to you, we prefer ones that are pleasing and enjoyable to everyone.
- Size: 4" x 4"
- High quality strong outdoor grade vinyl sticker
- Great for any flat surface: car window & bumper, laptop, snowboard, guitar case, surfboard, wall, etc.
- Simple peel & stick application. Outdoor life - 3 -5 years.
As we said, you can find bumper stickers with pretty much every subject matter. But we've chosen a few of our favorite ones to help you get started. The Sunflower Vinyl Sticker will add color to any car. And if you're a fan of cacti or succulents, the Cacti Cute Vinyl Sticker Set gives you three stickers to choose from. You can also get personalized bumper stickers for your home state, school, and hobbies that you might have.
- Size: 4" x 2" Total Area
- High quality strong outdoor grade vinyl sticker
- Small size is great for phone, car window, laptop, helmet, I pad, etc.
- Simple peel & stick application. Outdoor life - 3 -5 years.
7. Car Lashes
Car lashes might be the holy grail of all cute car accessories. After becoming popular a couple of years ago, you can still see these accessories on car headlights around the country. Most car lashes are vinyl stickers that work like a bumper sticker, only they sit right above your car's headlights. That gives the impression of, as the name implies, car eyelashes.
While you can find knockoffs of these cute car accessories, the original manufacturer is simply called Carlashes. Their decals come in a variety of colors, so you if you want to give your car a fashionable makeover you have plenty of options to choose from. If you'd like to go with a classic look, the Classic Black style is probably up your alley. But if you'd like something a bit more out there, Carlashes also sells Pink, Chrome, and Ombre color options.
7. License plate frames
Like we said above, if you choose to purchase an after-market license plate frame as one of your cute car accessories, you need to be careful. Make sure that the frame won't cover or obscure any of the important information on your license plate. But as long as the frame fulfills this one requirement, you can pretty much get as creative as you'd like.
Many license plate frames come in fun and unique shapes, like the Cruiser Accessories Palm Tree frame. But for shaped frames, it's important to check how they fit over your plates before driving around with them. For car owners who like a bit of glitz and sparkle, rhinestone line plate frames are a popular option. Plus, since these frames are normally plain rectangles, the risk of them obscuring your plate is very slim. A couple of our favorite rhinestone frames include the AILUKI frames and Hippo Creation frames.
Which Cute Car Accessories Will You Choose?
As you can see, there really are cute car accessories for every style. If you prefer understated but stylish, you can opt for floral leather steering wheel covers and rhinestone license plate frames. But if your style is more over-the-top, then you can adorn your vehicle with car lashes, solar-powered flowers, and fuzzy seat covers to your heart's content.
Whatever cute car accessories you choose to invest in, make sure that they don't impede your vision or ability to drive safely. While we all enjoy a stylish vehicle, your car's ability to keep you safe must always come first. But with the right care and research, you can have a stylish ride and a reliable vehicle, too.