If you're in an accident or the police stop and illegally search your vehicle, who's right in these situations? It's often your word against theirs. And in cases where you're dealing with the police, your word usually isn't good enough. The HiGoing dash cam is one of many products you can invest in that'll help prove your innocence. It'll prove or disprove the facts and dispel any inconsistencies there are regarding the stop.
You never know what's going to happen behind the wheel. Each time you step into your car to drive, you subject yourself to dangers. Dash cams provide concrete evidence of what's taking place on the road as it unfolds. It'll record accidents and anything else that happens. And many systems have built-in audio. If a police officer stops you for speeding or other infractions, the dash cam records those stops. In the event of a hit and run, it provides evidence to help find someone who flees the scene. It can even help save you from increases in insurance rates in a “he said, she said” situation.
You probably drive safely and obey the rules of the road. But even the safest drivers get into accidents from time to time. Isn't it worth knowing you can prove what took place in those instances? Let's dig into why a dash cam is imperative today and find the best one for you.
What Should I Look for When Buying a Dash Cam?
Before deciding between a HiGoing dash cam and other brands, it's important to know what to look for in a dash cam. Some offer loop recording that erases old video first (if memory is full), and others feature superior battery power. With excellent battery power, many dash cams will continue recording even if they disconnect from the 12-volt adapter. This feature is for recording what occurs after an accident when the car is off. The viewing angle is another critical characteristic of the dash cam. A more extensive peripheral (140-180 degrees) can capture everything in front and on the sides during an incident.
Additionally, a G-sensor indicates when the vehicle impact occurs. A parking monitor also records what's going on in unknown locations. So the monitoring occurs at all times to determine if anything happens while a car is in public parking lots. A lane departure warning is nice to have. Obviously, quality video recording is essential. If the video is blurry, it could be difficult to decipher what you're claiming versus the reality. This list isn't an inclusive list of features. But it's a few of many to look for in the search for a new dash cam.
The HiGoing Dash Cam: What Sets It Apart from Competitors?
This product is compact and easy to set up. It fits on the dash and installs easily. The small size also means it won't hinder the driver's visibility on the road. So let's see some of the best characteristics of this product to determine its usability on roadways.
HiGoing Dash Cam Specs and Features
It's important to choose a dash cam that'll meet your driving and recording needs on the road. Some essential specs regarding the HiGoing dash cam include:
- A 1.5-inch LTPS touchscreen
- The SONY IMX323 SENSOR + 650NM lens
- The 170-degree viewing angle is extra wide capturing peripheral footage
- Loop recording captures new footage and deletes old footage to store the latest content
- There's a parking monitor and sound recording support
- It has a G-sensor that automatically begins recording when impact occurs
Several useful features set the HiGoing dash cam apart from other products also. Some of these include:
- Night vision recording captures high definition content in dark conditions
- It comes with the suction cup that easily mounts onto the vehicle's windshield in seconds
- The product includes a 24-month warranty protection
- Parking mode and emergency lock options
- Energy saving function that shuts off automatically to preserve battery life at times of inactivity
- Video recording durations are 3, 5, or 10-minute increments
- Zoom in and out options
- High Definition Image -- Thanks to the Sony IMX323 sensor with 170°Wide Angle and 6-layers 650NM Lens at the heart of the device, it can catch fast-moving scenes and provide you with clearest footage in daylight even in night-time. WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) video system (Similar to HDR technology in Camera) automatically adjust exposure and helps to captures small details at night.
- Mini Size & Easy to Install -- This mini size design ( 59*49*34mm ) make the dash cam compact and take very little space of your car. Easily and securely mount to your windshield in seconds with the included suction cup.
- Excellent Motion-Activated -- Built-in gravity sensor system, when there's vehicle collision and vibration occurs, the detection and identification of vibration will automatically lock the important files, leaving the most evidence of video. Energy saving and efficiency storage.
- Loop Recording & Recording -- Video can be seamlessly recorded in 3 minutes, 5 minutes or 10 minutes. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, the new recording automatically overwrites the oldest recording. Recording function, the recorder is equipped with a built-in microphone, you can manually select the recording switch to achieve the effect of audio and video integration
How Much Will You Pay for a New HiGoing Dash Cam?
The HiGoing dash cam isn't available through the manufacturer's website. However, consumers can find it on sites like eBay and Amazon. When purchasing from third-party websites, it is $ to $$.
Our Review Process Comparing the HiGoing Dash Cam Against Competitors
In our review, we focused on comparing the best attributes of dash cam systems. We examined the HiGoing dash cam against other leading manufacturers in this industry. We first considered recording capabilities and high-definition recording. The ability to record audio and loop record were also essential traits in our review. We focused on optional features like G-sensor and parking sensors.
Additionally, we included other useful features that drivers would benefit from when comparing the best products. A wide viewing angle and usability were other aspects of focus in our review. Last, we included price averages and ratings to help consumers choose the best dash cam available.
Dash Cam Ownership: The Positive and Negative Aspects
There are several benefits of owning a dash cam for recording incidents on the road. There are some common concerns drivers should be aware of as well.
First of all, if drivers get into an accident, the dash cam eliminates inconsistencies in storytelling. It clearly records what took place and helps insurers or the police determine who's in the wrong. If a police officer pulls a driver over, the camera can document the situation. It might result in the suspension of tickets or fines if drivers choose to go to court. Protecting the car in parking lots and unknown locations is another nice trait of these systems. Furthermore, some have lane departure and other safety alerts to help keep drivers safe on the road. These are some of the many benefits of owning a dash cam.
There are some negatives to consider relating to dash cam ownership. For example, they can block the field of view while driving. That's especially true with larger dash cams and improper placement on the windshield. Not all dash cams have the full list of features that'll help protect drivers. Recording quality isn't excellent with every system, and some don't feature audio recording. The price of the best dash cams means they're out of reach for some drivers who can't afford them.
A Good View of the Competition: The Best Dash Cams Available Today
A HiGoing dash cam is one of many products to choose from when deciding to invest in a device. However, there are other great competitors to consider as alternatives. These are some of the best products to compare when determining which dash cam is right for your vehicle.
- Extremely small GPS enabled dash cam, inconspicuous when magnetically mounted on windshield
- High quality 3. 7 megapixel camera with 1440P video capture; works even in low light conditions
- Forward collision and lane departure warnings plus alerts for nearby red light cameras and speed cameras
- Voice control allows you to start/stop recording, take a still picture or start/stop the travel apse photo capture Feature
- Notice: Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. It is your responsibility to know and comply with applicable laws and rights to privacy in jurisdictions where you plan to use this device
This dash cam records 1440p video resolution for the best high-definition recording possible. The 3.7-inch voice recognition system allows owners to operate the unit utilizing voice commands. It features alerts like lane departure warning and forward collision warnings. It includes an 8GB micro SD card with the purchase of this device. The camera attaches to the dash with a low-magnetic mount. And the compact size won't hinder visibility on the road.
The model has a 2-inch LCD screen. Built-in GPS records incidents and the coordinates of locations. This feature is great for insurance claims and filing police reports in the event of an accident. The G-sensor kicks on at the moment of impact. With voice control, drivers can safely keep their hands on the wheel.
One reviewer indicates their appreciation for the parking monitoring. They also love the lane departure and forward collision warnings. These features help keep drivers safe at all times on the road. The only negative comment was from one customer claiming the voice command function isn't as good as expected.
- ULTRA HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Top OV4689 image sensor captures beautiful 2160p video even while driving fast. Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 256GB in memory size.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings. The superior WDR technology allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures from -20 to 176°F, that prevents the risk of overheating, extends the life span and reliability of the camera. With the parking monitor feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record a 20 second video when the car camera detects vibration OR dash cam will capture frames for a time lapse video for 24/7. Please connect the smart hardwire kit to activate the parking mode.
- WIFI CONNECT: View, save, and share dash cam recordings wirelessly on your mobile device with the use of an app interface.
- LOOP RECORDING AND G-SENSOR: Video can be recorded in 1,2 or 3 minute intervals. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite the oldest recordings. When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked videos will be kept safe from being overwritten.
The dash cam features a 2.4-inch display. The Sony Exmor IMX323 sensor captures excellent video resolution, and the unit can operate in temperatures between 10 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. The 1920x1080p video can capture up to 30 frames per second (fps). This quality ensures the dash cam captures everything as it unfolds on the road. An internal microphone captures audio as well as video recordings. It's also compatible in Portuguese, Japenese, and Spanish, among several other languages.
Loop recording in increments of 3, 5, and 10 minutes automatically records incidents as they unfold. And this function deletes old videos while preserving the most recent content. The dash cam has a wide 170-degree viewing angle. So it'll capture everything in front of and on the sides of the road while recording. Collision detection is a nice feature that warns drivers of upcoming dangers in front of them. The Rexing system includes a one-year warranty on parts and labor as well.
One reviewer indicated the practicality of this dash cam for everyday use. They are happy with the video quality and audio recording capabilities. Another reviewer suggested that their unit didn't operate at all. It was a defective unit with dead pixels in the camera. They were unhappy with the customer service from Rexing as well. The company wasn't willing to work with them in refunding the order.
Consumers will pay $ to $$ for this dash cam. The average rating for this unit is 4.3 out of 5 stars at Amazon.
- 1080P Full HD dash camera records video with 120 Degree angle.
- G-sensor enabled recording -once the dashcam detects any impact, drastic braking, or sharp turns the G-sensor will enable emergency recording and the file will be write-protected.
- Supports external storage up to 32GB Micro SD card for around 5 hours recording at 1080P setting (8GB micro SD card is included in the package)
- Slim and sleek: the GoSafe 220, designed to capture the entire road without taking up space on your windshield.
- Motion detection: GoSafe 228 detects when there is movement in front of the camera while your car is parked and begin recording until it does not detect any movement.
When using this dash cam, its owner can expect excellent recording capabilities. This model features a 120-degree wide viewing angle and also records in 1080p resolution. It has a G-sensor that kicks on instantly and begins recording the events of an accident. The CMOS sensor captures up to 30 fps, meaning it won't miss any critical information on the road. It has a small, 1.8-inch LCD screen. The compact and discreet size of this system also means it won't block a driver's view while driving. Furthermore, motion detection sensors kick on in parking lots. This feature helps keep cars safe to deter theft or burglaries in unfamiliar locations.
It has a built-in microphone, so the dash cam records video and audio. If a police officer pulls drivers over, this is an excellent feature. It helps prove or disprove what is taking place. Owners can transfer footage onto their PC or Mac devices using the mini USB interface. A lifetime of firmware updates also instantly updates when available. So the dash cam always has the latest recording updates available from Papago.
In one review, the customer indicated that for the price, it's a reasonably good camera. The video recording is stable, and audio isn't too bad, either. Additionally, they like the small size and that the suction cup is easy to mount in the vehicle. Another reviewer, however, wasn't as happy with the product. They indicated that it isn't capable of recording audio at all. They state that their dash cam only takes pictures and doesn't record video.
For those who want an affordable dash cam, this model is $ to $$. The average rating is 2.0s out of 5 stars at Amazon.
Is a HiGoing Dash Cam the Right Fit You?
When buying a dash cam, quality, precision, and reliability are essential. The HiGoing dash cam offers several reasonable features. However, it isn't the best option. First off, it's not available on the manufacturer's website. Therefore, the only way to purchase it today is through third-party sites like eBay. Next, there aren't many reviews or customer discussions in the United States about this product. It's available internationally, and there are customer reviews, but this isn't the case with the US version. Last, it's not available through many outlets in the US. So it's going to be difficult to find.
If you decide on the HiGoing dash cam, it does have excellent features. But keep the above considerations in mind. If you're looking for the best overall system, consider the Garmin dash cam as an alternative. Several safety features like collision detection and G-sensor keep drivers safe. It also warns drivers if they're swaying out of their lane to help prevent accidents. Voice commands minimize the possibility of crashes, since drivers can keep their hands on the wheel. The exceptional 1440p resolution video is clear and precise. This product also includes the backing of an industry leader in Garmin and one-year parts and labor warranties.
The safer you are on the road, the less likely you'll get into an accident. But even safe drivers don't know who's out there and what threats they pose. So a dash cam is important. Now get out there and find the right one for you!