You can be the safest driver on the road. That doesn't mean accidents don't occur or you won't run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. You have to prepare yourself for such situations. A Lifeline AAA Premium road kit or homemade road kit can help you in dire circumstances. Whether you prefer buying a road kit or making your own, you need the right items in an emergency. Flashlights and bandages are just the starting point when building a road kit or choosing one to purchase.
A road kit should contain everything you'll need, no matter what the emergency is. A three-gallon gas can is something you might not think is important. But if you run out of gas, it'll allow you to visit a nearby gas station to fill up. That way, you can get back on the road and drive to safety with gas in the tank. Flares and a high-visibility vest are necessary for dark locations after an accident. They signal other drivers and alert people of danger ahead. Then there are the items like a first aid kit, jumper cables, and a tire inflator. Some simple things you probably never imagine you'll need can get you out of otherwise hopeless situations.
Most people don't do well in emergencies. They freeze or go into panic mode. Every individual and situation differ. So having a road kit handy is one less thing you'll have to worry about in an emergency. It'll at least help you reach a safe location where you can call for additional help if necessary.
Why Do You Need a Road Kit?
Emergencies happen, and accidents take place at the worse times. The safest driver might run over a nail and get a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. Or the car runs out of fuel about 10 miles away from the next gas station. Then there's the situation where the battery won't start, and the car needs a jump. These are just a few instances where an emergency road kit will come in handy. When building roadside packages or buying one, a driver should know what items to include.
Which Item Are Essential for Any Road Kit?
The Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit has several essential items that'll help drivers out in a bind. With 42 pieces in the kit, it has nearly anything imaginable for emergencies. Booster cables, flashlights, batteries, and a high visibility vest are just a few items it includes. Some pieces your road kit needs for emergencies include:
- Roadside flares to alert other drivers to danger
- A reflective vest and triangular reflectors
- First-aid kit and baby wipes or hand sanitizer
- Jumper cables
- A tire pressure gauge
- Blankets and spare clothing
- Flashlights and batteries
- Car chargers and an extra phone battery
It's also a good idea to have water and some snacks in the car. In remote areas, it might be several hours before help can reach drivers. So it's essential to plan accordingly since it's impossible to know where emergencies will occur.
Additional tips for road safety
Having a road kit handy is one thing. But, there are a few things you can do before an upcoming road trip to increase the car's safety. And these might help prevent an emergency altogether! First, make sure to check your tire pressure, the brakes, and top off all of the car's fluids. This is especially important when taking a long road trip or driving in varying weather conditions and extremes. Make sure to bring cash for gasoline because some gas stations don't accept credit cards. It's also essential to bring chargers for cell phones and an additional battery if you own one. A refillable gas canister is a must-have item in the vehicle. If the car runs out of gas, it's not 100 percent certain that gas stations sell these items. So every driver should make sure to have one in the car.
What Does the Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit Contain?
The Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit is a product that AAA backs. AAA is a leader in roadside assistance. So, drivers can rely on the quality of the items they're receiving. This 42-piece kit contains several essential items drivers will need if they're in an accident or emergency. Jumper cables, flashlights, first-aid kit, zipper bags, batteries, and a 2-in-1 screwdriver come in this kit.
How Much Does the Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit Cost?
There are several Lifeline AAA road kits available. The 42-piece Premium kit is $20 to $40. There are also kits that have up to 121 pieces for commercial use. Drivers should compare these kits to find the best option for their driving needs.
The Pros and Cons of a Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit vs. Making Your Own Road Kit
Owning the Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit is excellent in emergencies. However, there's the option to make a do-it-yourself emergency roadside kit also. There are many benefits to choosing the Lifeline kit rather than building one at home. First, it includes the AAA backing. So consumers know they're getting a quality product. The reusable bag is easy to transport, and the multi-purpose tools are great for any vehicle. It also includes most items drivers will need for general emergencies.
There are some drawbacks of purchasing a kit rather than making one. One of these drawbacks is that most products don't contain “less” essential items. Car chargers and gas canisters are likely not available with most kits. But it's hard to deny they're necessary for many situations. A do-it-yourself kit also has items specific to each family. This isn't the case with a product like the Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit. Water and snacks aren't available in a kit consumers can order online. Finally, most packages don't account for different seasons of the year. Therefore, they might not have items for winter emergencies or other extreme weather conditions.
Our Review: How We Compared the Best Road Kits
In our review, we considered the Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit and other kits consumers can order online. The most important aspect was what each kit contains. Items like jumper cables, flares, flashlights, and emergency signals are essential for any emergency. Next, we looked at those kits which have non-essential items as well. The quality of the tools was also crucial to our review. We also include the prices and average ratings of the best products available. And we compared the best options against homemade kits drivers can make themselves. The information helps drivers determine whether to buy or create their kits for roadside emergencies.
Which Road Kits Should You Consider Purchasing for Emergency Situations
It's essential to have a roadside emergency kit in your car at all times. These are some of the best options for drivers who want to buy these products online.
- 👨👨👧👦 ROAD TRIP ESSENTIAL - Protect your loved ones with BLIKZONE auto car tool kit. Portable mini air compressor (300 psi), heavy-duty #8 gauge battery jumper/booster cables, 19- piece circuit tester tool, 7-piece tire repair kit, improved 5 ton (10,000 lbs) tow strap w/hooks, a reflective safety vest and much more essentials items.
- 🔝 ROADSIDE EMERGENCY KIT - 81 ESSENTIAL TOOLS and supplies included, this car kit comes with just about all EMERGENCY SAFETY items - car tool kit automotive you could possibly need for unexpected breakdowns in one bag.
- ✅ NO OTHER EMERGENCY ROADSIDE KIT FOR CAR in the market covers so many fixes, packs so many quality and useful supplies in one sturdy case, and HAS THIS GREAT VALUE. Just keep this kit in your trunk and be ready for the road, knowing you're prepared when those unexpected situations arise.
- 🎁 A SMART CHOICE car necessities and perfect gift for YOUNG NEW DRIVERS, FIRST- TIME CAR OWNERS, or even those well experienced car enthusiasts. Also, owners with second hand - high mileage vehicles should have one in their vehicle and be prepared for most unexpected roadside events.
- 📝CAR KIT EMERGENCY ROAD KIT - Check Pictures and Descriptions for a detailed list of car safety kit items and tools included. DETAILED INSTRUCTION MANUAL SUPPLIED. Dimensions: 15.0"L x 10.0"H x 4.0"D - Weight: 8.9 Lbs (approx.)
A portable air compressor and jumper cables are two of the pieces making this set a worthwhile investment. It also has a seven-piece tire repair kit so that drivers can drive to a safe area. It includes an instruction manual for all the repair tools that come with the kit. There's even equipment for towing a vehicle to safety if it's in a dangerous area or blocking traffic.
The kit is compact and weighs less than 10 pounds with all of the equipment inside. Yet, it has almost anything a driver can imagine for emergencies, from repair tools to flashlights. A window and seatbelt hammer are also present in this kit. These items will allow drivers/passengers to get out of a vehicle in the event of danger (smoke, fire).
One owner indicates the medium bag is neat, making it easy to find everything they need in emergencies. It's great for beginners and advanced drivers alike. In one review, the customer indicates the compressor didn't work in their roadside kit. The reading on the compressor was 39. However, their car had a PSI level of 33, so the inconsistencies were noticeable.
This BLIKZONE kit is $70 to $90. The average customer rating is 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
No products found.
No products found.
With 185 pieces, it's going to be hard to find something that's missing from this kit. It has emergency food and water with a five-year shelf life. The emergency food includes water, mints, and food bars. The survival gear consists of a Mylar blanket, a multi-tool/knife, toilet paper, and duct tape, among other items. A fire starter is also present for cold temperature conditions.
An LED headlamp, a flashlight, and glow sticks are in the kit. Furthermore, it includes jumper cables, zip ties, an air compressor, tire gauge, and a tow strap. It even has miscellaneous items like pens and notepads.
One reviewer notes how this kit allowed them to get to their destination when they had a flat tire. They were able to patch it to drive to a safe location. Another reviewer wasn't happy with the contents of the kit. They bought multiple kits for different cars, and they had unique items in each one.
The AutoClubHero kit is available for $120 to $150. The average rating is 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- Life Saving All In One Roadside Assistance Rescue Kit - INEX Life premium emergency survival kit, an ideal accessory for drivers. Cope w/ emergency situations: winter climate, dead battery, or breakdowns. Ensure your survival & safety: tow rope, jumper cables, crash warning triangles, tools, bungee cords, screwdriver, bits and sockets, flashlight, window breaker & seatbelt cutter, highway safety vest, emergency blanket, raincoat, alert whistle & comprehensive medical first aid kit. safecar.
- Be Safe & Prepared - Any new driver, first-time car owner or seasoned enthusiast needs this kit to ensure their ultimate safety on the road. The complete emergency kit can be used for car, SUV, truck, RV, or company fleet & has everything you may need for long road trips or daily driving to face & survive any emergency situation. Perfect gift ideas for men, father, husband, women, mother, wife, fiance, kid, teen, college student, daughters, sons, nieces, nephews, granddaughters & grandsons.
- Durable Tools & Supplies - The INEX Life roadside emergency kit is a life-saving investment, for all vehicles. Top quality, heavy duty, & dependable booster jumper battery cables, 16 feet long 8 gauge wire jump cables, for when you need them most. The booster cables are no-tangle & have copper-plated clamps. ***BONUS ITEMS*** Two Warning Safety Triangles. All-in one window / windshield breaker & seatbelt cutter. The roadside emergency assistance kit is assembled w/ long term safety in mind.
- Always Keep Glass Breaker Hammer In Your Glove Box - Window glass breaker hammer is a 2-in-1 car essential tool, ensures your safe survival escape when stuck in your car/ truck, in an emergency situation. The glass breaker hammer can be used as a seatbelt cutter as well. Always keep this tool near you while driving, your life could depend on it. The emergency kit carrying case is durable, reflective and easy to store. The case fits in your trunk, backseat, or spare tire compartment.
- Premium Trusted Customer Service & Guaranteed Customer Satisfaction - The INEX Life roadside emergency kit is manufactured in a modern sterile registered facility and sold by a registered company. We take pride in our quality of service and product standards. We ensure all of our products are safe and top quality and our customer service department will take car of any issues or complaints.
This emergency roadside assistance kit has more than just a first-aid kit for minor injuries. It includes heavy-duty tools and a tow strap for drivers to move their vehicle in dangerous areas. It also contains jumper cables, gauze, reflective vests, road triangles, and even a whistle to call for help.
The complete kit isn't just for compact cars. It has essentials for trucks, vans, and even for RV campers. It's easy to store, and all items come in a reflective case. So it's easy to find in dark conditions. The kit comes with a bonus window breaker and seatbelt cutter. These items are necessary if a car is on fire or in water. If drivers and passengers need to hurry out, these tools allow them to do so quickly. A raincoat and blanket come in this kit as well. For rainy or cold conditions, it'll help keep drivers warm until help arrives.
In one review, the customer indicates the kit came in handy multiple times. The tools in this kit are easy to access in order of necessity. During emergencies, this will save time and allows you to move quickly, making easy to find what you need fast in any situation. There are no negative reviews about this product. The only minor drawback might be that the quality of some items isn't as good as in other kits. This fact might be right and is noticeable when comparing prices. Other roadside kits with a similar number of pieces are higher in price than this INEX kit.
This kit by INEX Life is $50 to $65. The average rating is 5.0 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Should You Invest in the Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit?
The Lifeline AAA Premium Road Kit is an excellent option for those who want the essentials for emergencies. The company also manufactures a 121-piece emergency kit. They carry a 55-piece, 63-piece, and 80-piece kits also. So there's more than one option for drivers to consider. The Premium road kit isn't the best option available, however. It's still missing items like chargers, a pocket knife, or other multipurpose tools. If you're looking for an affordable road kit, it might suffice.
A do-it-yourself kit is a way to go for those who want every possible resource in an emergency. From first aid to road flares, safety vests to electronics, you have control of what goes in the kit. You can make roadside safety kits for each car you own. Making one also allows you to add items like rechargeable jumper cables. Most standard products have cheaper, traditional jumper cables.
Additionally, you can include items like a spare key, cash, GPS, and other tools to communicate with others. You can add as much as you want when you make a do-it-yourself kit. And even if you never use the items, you know they're there if necessary.
You're in full control, and the only limit is your imagination when you make your road kit. This fact isn't the case when purchasing one sold by companies like Lifeline. Whether you buy a pre-made kit or make your own, it will allow you to get out of a bind no matter how severe the emergency is.
Last update on 2021-10-19 at 03:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API